Governance scholarships for Indigenous business leaders
ASF have joined forces with Perpetual and the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) to give Indigenous business leaders the tools to build their governance capabilities and affect positive and long-lasting impact for their organisations.
17 lucky scholarship recipients will join likeminded peers in Perth next April to complete the AICD’s Company Directors Course™ for Indigenous Business Leaders. The scholarships are exclusively focused on supporting Indigenous communities by empowering their leaders with sector-specific governance training and development.
About the course:
The Company Directors Course™, first run in 1975, is the most established director program in the world and has played a vital role in founding director knowledge and governance standards in Australia. With an average 4,000 participants each year, this is your opportunity to join a community of directors that is shaping the future of governance in Australia.
The Company Directors Course™ for Indigenous Business Leaders is designed specifically to target the specific challenges of Indigenous communities and will reinforce your knowledge as you embark on interactive working sessions through sector-specific case studies.
How will I benefit?
- Improve your effectiveness as a director
- Make a lasting contribution to your board
- Boost the performance of your organisation
- Develop networks to strengthen your director portfolio
- Make confident business decisions
- Safeguard your liability position
- Influence the Australian governance landscape
The course runs over 5.5 days in Perth, CBD on Monday 29 April – Saturday 4 May 2019.
There are 17x full and partial scholarships available to applicants nationwide.
Who should apply?
This is a postgraduate course, tailored to experienced directors and those wishing to take their performance to the next level, as well as executives who need to understand governance issues in depth.
- identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- be an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident
- be a new or existing director, public official or senior executive reporting to a board
- have appropriate professional experience in reporting to or being on a board before applying
Download the course flyer or click the ‘Apply Now’ button below for more information and to apply.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE MONDAY 10 DECEMBER at 5PM AWST